Spillway of flooded roadway?
Hello fellow bloggers,
Lori over at therattlingbones.wordpress.com was nominated by Akirra for the Creative Blogger Award. Lori has in turn, named her nominees by way of an open invitation to all, as is her normal practice.
Thanks Lori, for this random act of kindness.
The rules are simple:
- Nominate others
- Post the link of the blog that nominated you
- Share 5 random facts about yourself
In an effort to be sure this continues we nominate the following five fascinating bloggers and we challenge each of you to pass the torch/badge——
Again, we were nominated/invited by Lori at therattlingbones.
5 Random facts about Runaway Nuns and Leprechauns
- We’re a two member team
- We are both September babies
- One of us hate pickles and the other loves them
- We each have two children
- One of us loves animals… the other one… not so much
I have been nominated for the Encouraging Thunder Award by itsmine over at negativethinkerr.wordpress.com. Thanks my friend!
Stroll on over and check him out…
…in the meantime and in between time here are the rules attached to this award:
-thank the person who nominated you
-post the logo in your blog
-create a post in which you tell others why you blog
-spread the love by designating other bloggers as
Encouraging Thunder recipients
Why I blog?
Runaway Nuns and Leprechauns, as the name indicates, is not a single person blog. However, as the primary writer/post-er/blogger, I will answer this question based on my own personal thoughts and feelings…
I blog because I enjoy it. It provides an open line of communication with some of the most awesome and inspiring people on the internet. I can get everything from new recipes to information on the latest and greatest pet shampoo. Bloggers are extremely helpful, gracious and giving. I find it very exciting to open my gmail and see that I have well over 50 new emails-
…and of course I love meeting new folks and helping others meet new folks.
All of that being said— I would like to nominate the following bloggers as Encouraging Thunder recipients:
I was recently nominated as a recipient of the Liebster Award by Louise Fowler of louisefowler.com. Louise is one of the most expressive and well versed bloggers I’ve come across. This is a true life blog in which she vents and shares what just may be the deepest and most gut wrenching aspects of her life – past and present.
The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have fewer than 300 followers. This is a great way to help build your blogging community and a great networking tool that brings your blog to the attention of others.
Once you’re nominated, if you choose to accept, after thanking the person who nominated you, you must answer 11 questions about yourself or your blog, then give 11 random facts about yourself. The next step is to nominate 11 other bloggers and create 11 questions for them to answer. Then simply stop by each of those blogs and tell that blogger about the award.
Here are the 11 questions from louisefowler.com along with my answers
1. Who is the most supportive person in your life and why?
I would have to say that the most supportive person in my life is my daughter. She is always willing to listen, to be my shoulder, to encourage me to try harder and to remind me that I am worthy and deserving of any and all things. She is an amazingly beautiful and talented young lady and I thank God daily for blessing me with the honor of being her mom
2. Sweet or savory?
It really depends on my mood.
3. What is your biggest challenge?
My biggest challenge is accepting the fact that my oldest child is no longer a child. She is almost 23 years old and I still want to baby her!
4. What would have to happen for you to take a stand and speak up?
Not much, I am very outspoken and I always speak up for myself, the under dog, my children, and for any cause I think is in my best interest.
5. What do you find offensive?
Discrimination of any kind!
6. What do you value most?
7. Where are you most successful in life?
I am most successful as a mother.
8. Did you like school and why?
Hmmm… I never really disliked school but I was glad when I finished. My older brother was an academic genius and I was always known as “his little sister”. His shoes were always too big for me so following in his footsteps was a struggle that I lost—-(to a certain extent, and in all honesty, I had no desire to be like him in any way so I spent a great deal of time making certain that I was nothing like him)
9. What is your favorite time of the day and why?
I AM A MORNING PERSON! I simply love getting out of bed in the morning and going out to seize another day.
10. Do you care about your “numbers” in the blog world, or do you write just because you like it?
Initially I wanted numbers but I now just enjoy writing and connecting with others.
11. What makes you laugh?
My children, our dogs, my brothers, funny movies, scaring people…, what can I say… I love to laugh!
And now 11 random facts about me:
- I love working with at risk kids.
- I wish I’d had more children.
- I’m extremely protective.
- I feel that laughter is the best medicine.
- I’m afraid of dead people.
- My brothers and I dressed alike when we were small children.
- I truly dislike mushrooms, asparagus and squash.
- As a child I ate hog brains (they taste and look like scrambled eggs when cooked).
- My first (and lifetime) crush was Micheal Jackson.
- I wish I could sing like Whitney Houston.
- I once worked as a radio disc jockey
These are my nominees:
…. and the 11 questions:
1. Where is your favorite vacation spot and why?
2. If you were stuck on a desert island who would you want with you and why?
3. What’s number 11 on your bucket list?
4. Who was your first crush?
5. How many pairs of shoes do you own?
6. How did you discover blogging?
7. Who do you find to be the most influential of your blog followers?
8. How many days per week do you post on your blog?
9. Who is your favorite cartoon character?
10. If you could dance the night away with anyone, who would it be?
11. What is your least favorite household chore and why?
I’ve decided to participate in Cee’s Share Your World- 2015 week #22 challenge. You can find Cee and some fun photo challenges and beautiful photography on her blog at Cee’s Photography Blog- ceenphotography.com.
Here are the instructions:
Finish these four sentences. You can be talk about yourself or be creative and write a piece of fiction. It’s up to you.
Complete this sentence: Never In My Life Have I….
Complete this sentence: My neighbour wants me to help her…..
Complete this sentence: When I was little I wanted…
Complete this sentence: Will you come here to…
Bonus question: What are you grateful for from last week, and what are you looking forward to in the week coming up?
There are two ways which you can participate.
- Create a Share Your World post. Then post the link to your blog in Cee’s comment box or leave your answers in the comments box of her blog.
- To make it easy for others to check out your photos, title your blog post “Share Your World” tag.
- Remember to Follow Cee’s Blog to get your weekly reminders.
Here is my entry:
Never in my life have I been so excited about anything that I peed my pants; until today! My neighbor wants me to help her kill her husband and bury him in the backyard then tell people he left. When I was little I wanted to be an axe murderer so this is a dream come true for me. Will you come here to my neighbors house at midnight and help us dig? I am grateful that the police did not find the bloody axe and chain saw I used last week to “off” old man Johnson. I can hardly wait this week out so that I can help my neighbor take her husband out; I think I need to sharpen my axe blade.