1. NO WORK —SCHOOL’S OUT!!!
2. had lunch with my coworkers
3. said farewell to some great friends who are moving on to greener pastures
4. drove past a pasture full of old nags
5. thought of the folks retiring this year
6. realized I can retire next year
7. thought of the pasture full of old nags (hahahahaha)
8. pulled weeds from my flower beds
9. vowed to use lawn cloth next year
10. thought of Tarzan after writing #9
(lawn cloth… loin cloth…you know, Tarzan’s attire… get it? oh never mind!)
Hi, is this an odd name for a blog or what? We'd actually prefer it to be known as a peaceful, magical and mystical spot. It's a spot where you can stop in for a daily dose of love and laughter sprinkled with a bit of chaos, confusion and lunacy. You can get great recipes and cooking tips, as well as drilling and building ideas. Who does that? Who knows their way around the kitchen and around the tool shed?
Well, I guess that's part of what'll make this blog so interesting - that and the brief glimpse you'll get into a very elite and exclusive lifestyle - one that supports a "never a dull moment" and "everything ain't for everybody" attitude.
By the way, remember to keep an open mind (no judging or finger pointing), a watchful eye (be on the lookout for random giveaways), and a positive -pay it forward-attitude (everybody could use an occasional leg up).
Now I know it sounds easy, but don't get it twisted, this "dance ain't for everybody", it's not always a bowl full of cherries, but we make the best of it by drinking a whole lot of lemonade and by praying daily for peace, patience and understanding; after all, we woke up like this!