So it’s time for us to change things up just a bit. This is an idea I got from a fellow blogger.
10 things that truly make me happy:
- listening to my daughter’s stories about the idiots she encounters on the train each day
- sarcasm: whether I’m the deliverer or the receiver of it
- watching scary movies that make me scream so loud that my mother can hear me outside my house
- seeing my little girl laugh at her dogs until she’s almost breathless
- knowing that there are people who didn’t sleep their way to the top
- knowing that some others did (;
- scaring my daughters and my friends
- laughing until I almost wet my pants
- watching old people dance together
- knowing that paranoid people can’t read my mind
…now how about sharing yours?
Hi, is this an odd name for a blog or what? We'd actually prefer it to be known as a peaceful, magical and mystical spot. It's a spot where you can stop in for a daily dose of love and laughter sprinkled with a bit of chaos, confusion and lunacy. You can get great recipes and cooking tips, as well as drilling and building ideas. Who does that? Who knows their way around the kitchen and around the tool shed?
Well, I guess that's part of what'll make this blog so interesting - that and the brief glimpse you'll get into a very elite and exclusive lifestyle - one that supports a "never a dull moment" and "everything ain't for everybody" attitude.
By the way, remember to keep an open mind (no judging or finger pointing), a watchful eye (be on the lookout for random giveaways), and a positive -pay it forward-attitude (everybody could use an occasional leg up).
Now I know it sounds easy, but don't get it twisted, this "dance ain't for everybody", it's not always a bowl full of cherries, but we make the best of it by drinking a whole lot of lemonade and by praying daily for peace, patience and understanding; after all, we woke up like this!
View All Posts
12 thoughts on “10 things that truly make me happy:”
I love that list, particularly numbers 2 & 9!
Thank you Edwina! If you haven’t written one I encourage you to write it. Its sort of liberating in a sense.
LikeLiked by 1 person
I might just take you up on it and have a go! 🙂
great I can’t wait to read it!
LikeLiked by 1 person
1. Feeling the weight of a sleeping baby in my arms.
2. Coffee. Just coffee.
3. That new car smell.
4. A wonderful meal I didn’t cook myself.
5. Getting mail that’s not a bill or an ad.
6. Riding in a convertible just before the sun goes down.
7. The feel of linens that have been hung on a clothesline to dry.
8. A book I just can’t put down.
9. Seeing an old friend and reconnecting like it hasn’t been years since we’ve seen each other.
10. A hug from a loved one.
Beautiful Mrs. Butts, absolutely beautiful!
1. Getting a letter from a friend or relative the old fashioned way, by post office.
2. Going to ANY festival in New Orleans.
3. Any book that marks a life changing for me,
4. My Honey Bun :~))
5. Getting together with friends that laugh out loud.
6. Being around ANY ONE who knows how to laugh out loud.
7. Bible Study/ Bible talk
8. Watching a movie with popcorn and peanuts, AND HONEY :~)).
9. Reading to children
10.Loving on others, and getting better at it everyday :~)).
…and this is so you! (:
1. People respecting that I am not a morning person.
2, Helping others
3. Going to Mass
5. People minding their own business.
6. Seeing words spelled correctly on marquees.
7. People taking the time to spell my name corrctly.
8. Buying new shoes.
9. Seeing people wash their hands after blowing their nose and using the restroom.
10. Getting a call from my chlidren.
nice Suzy Q!
Hi Runaway Nuns and Leprechauns!
I know some of your readers, EdwinaEpisodes, for example. I like the dog in your avatar. We love dogs and are actively looking for a third!
Thank you so much for following my blog yesterday (still Friday in California). Welcome!
Hi Janice. We just lost the big guy in our avatar and are struggling a bit but we find a lot of comfort in knowing that there are so many dog lovers around. Happy to know ya!